Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Trivial but Important

Why? Why curse a child with a name so long he had to learn the alphabet in kindergarten just to sign his damn papers? Eh? Why name a child something so difficult that it takes him till grade 3 to say it right?
Oh, I've heard the excuses: "So you can have ANY nickname you want!"
"It's a gift, use it well!"
"It makes you unique." This from "Yoshka." Blerg.

I've also been beginning to doub that my first name is a REAL name. :p Here we are folks *cry*:
Jhohannen Nikolai Stalinusha St. Raphael (my patron saint, thank you) Valentine.
And my dad thinks my name is Joseph.
What do parents think of when they name their kids? What goes into it, and why some of those strange travesties of a name?
Sorry for the rant, :p
Johnny

P.S And that, kids, is why they call me "J". :D

4 Comments:

Blogger chase said...

uhmmm...that is a mouthfull....you definitly need a nickname.

3:30 a.m.  
Blogger YasminDano said...

For some reason I think it's pretty, better than George Bush's name LOL! I agree on Johnny Depp, no ordinary white looking boy LOL~

10:12 p.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

I like it, IN THEORY. I hate stating my full name for school people.
Johnny Depp?! WHERE?
-JV

9:01 p.m.  
Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

"...a rose by any other name..." will smell just as sweet...don't sweat the small stuff, etc. well, hardly small, but you know what i mean, actually it is quite elegant, and one day you will probably love it.

1:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home