Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Autumn

When the leaves start to fall, thats when my overall mood improves. When my sarcastic sighs and angry scowls actually lighten up a bit, and instead of punching someone, I will dismiss them with a "Screw you" and the middle finger. These are the golden times, people. When instead of whipping a cupcake at someone, I'll give it to Lance in exchange for apple sauce (a very autumn-y food) and whip that at someone instead.
My birthday approaches, and the ground is covered in brightly coloured death--my time to shine. The happiest time of the year, what with Turkey Day and Hallowe'en and Devil's Night (my b-day incidentially) and now the month in which I finally got my Lance holding my hand in public.
Autumn begins the process of death, which turns into the cycle towards life, and I think there's something oddly beautiful about it.

My mother and I would walk in the leaves, and kick them around, and be complained at because we refused to rake our lawn. The way the air smells, like fireplaces and how its cold, but not too cold, or cold enough to make you angry and bitchy all the time. Even when I was a kid, and Lance would shove leaves down my shirt and run like a girl the other way, that was beautiful too. (Well, it would be, if he stopped doing it, even now). I like how quickly the day falls to night, and the photos you can get of urban October are simply fantastic. Last night, we perched on top of the roof together and didn't say a word all night. It was so nice.
Anyway, on to business, enough stupid poetry talk: We've decided to go out for Hallowe'en again this year, cause I can still pull it off. (Hurray malnutrition!!) I'm thinking about being a pirate. :S. Anyway, we all decided on seperate costumes for the party Eric is throwing (damn rich kids). Lance is going out as Sam, the guy from Clockwork Orange, Allen's being a knight for his Princess, Ellin, and Eric is going as some guy from the Fight Club. I debate, what should I be? :p

Enough ranting,
Johnny V.

3 Comments:

Blogger chase said...

I guess going as Death with the sickle and hood wouldn't be enough of a stretch huh? lol

ps, i tagged you on my blog

3:29 a.m.  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I have this theory that the month you were born in is the season that you like. Don't know if it has a validity. I love your writing. It is very powerful.

~deb

7:46 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

chase, good one, but I decided on some sort of homicidal maniac type. ;) <3

I agree in principle, Deborah, but Lance was born in February, and with the exception of his favourite holiday (Loveday) he hates it. It's very cold, 'specially in Canada. :p
I do love October though, because its a nice smelling, transitional month. :)
And thanks, but I think my writings hack-ish.

9:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home