Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Over Coffee

(...I walk into Second Cup, and Lance is already sitting there, folding napkins oragami style, with our orders in front of him. Everything on the table had been totally straightened, because when he's nervous, his obsessive perfectionist side takes over).
Me: ...Um, hi. (I didn't sit down. AW-Kward.)
Him: Um. Hi.
Me: ....(I sit down.)
Him: (puts down his swan) Are you okay? (motions to my arm and head)
Me: Uh-huh. How about you?
Him: You know I'm still really mad at you. (straightened the top of the napkins so they match)
Me:...(I got up)
Him: Sit. That's no biggy. Not right now. (pushes my Latte over to me)
Me: (I sit down) Um...
Him: There's a couple of things I hate about you. (sighed and turned a little pink)
Me: (I got up. I know, I'm a freak)
Him: Sit your ass down! (I sit down) I mean, I hate some things about you, but I like more than what I hate...
Me:...What?
Him: Uhm...I'm nervous. Let me start over: There are things I don't like about you, but more that I do like.
Me: Oh.
Him: But that's me and everyone.
Me:...so what do you hate?
Him: Your drugs, your self-hating, your...hair today! What is with that flippy thing?? (He reached over and batted my hair...It was sticking out weird.)
Me: Jeez. Anything else?
Him: A few. Almost irrelevant. But don't get me wrong...(smiled) I don't have enough time to list all the things I do like about you. The world would end first.
Me: Or you'd die.
Him: Yeah.
Me: (I think I blushed a little. So NOT goth. lol)
Him: So you were alright yesterday? Your dad called my mom. And I saw you yelling at a group of Scientologists.
Me: Um...yeah. Scientologists?
Him: Yeah.
Me: Hmm.. (I have no fucking clue. I'll take his word for it)
Him:...
Me:...
Him:...
Me:...uh...
Him: Honestly...do I freak you out? (sips his black coffee)
Me: Sometimes. Or do you mean about that thing last week?
Him: (cut eye) Sometimes? I meant last week.
Me: I don't think so. I'm fucking ill remember?
Him: Sure. but if you are, I am. So we're ill together.
Me: (face)
Him: I think it would help if you told your dad. Or talked to my mom. Or let someone know you trust. I mean, you told me, and that was alright.
Me:...Yeah.
Him: Did it help when you told me?
Me:...Sort of. Like it was farther away. (Some nervous hand gesture)
Him:...I don't want to break up with you.
Me: (I kind of choked a little, so I didn't reply)
Him: Uhm...I mean, I don't.
Me: Yeah...I don't want to either. Unless you want to.
Him: I just said...
Me: Uhm...yeah. (sip. It was awful, unmixed. Like hot water with Chai)
Him: It'd be stupid to let this break us. 'Cause I was upset, but its not my fault, or your fault, and you need someone you like to help you and you like me you said...and we...uh...i think we work together, i really do and i--Me: (interuppting) You're babbling.
Him: ...yes. Sorry. I mean I love you. And I like being with you. And I don't care if we have sex or make out or even if we never ever touch eachother...
Me: You're doing it again.
Him: Fuck you, you get what I'm saying.
Me: Yeah...but you'd be awfully frustrated.
Him: Uh-huh, you too, though. I think. Unless your asexual as you claimed before.
Me: I WISH. But no...I mean, I want to, but not now.
Him: (leans over) Of course not now, the tables not big enough and people are staring.
Me: Tshh...You dig it?
Him: Yeah. Of course. (He kissed me) So your still my boyfriend? And you don't hate me?
Me: If you'll permit it.
Him: Only because I'm so accepting. (We stood up.)
Me:...
Him: And when did people start saying "dig it" again?
Me: They didn't. I did.
Him: Hmm...
Me: (whistling "Living Dead Girl")
Him: Will you stay at my house? You can sleep in the laundry-room. (*this is what we call the room with the extra bed in the basement, across the floor from Lance's room...there's a folding table in it. This is my almost permanent residence everytime I was over)
Me: ...Sure.
Him: ...
Me: I'm sorry.
Him: You'd better be. (smirked) But I don't really blame you. It's not your fault. But I'm tired of your drug binges. Those poor Scientologists...
Me: Were there really Scientologists?
Him: Hell, not anymore. They probably packed up and went to Hamilton. Too scared of you.
Me: I feel sick.
Him: I know. Me too.
Me: You know what I hate about you?
Him: Yes: Dyslexia? That I always copy off you in Math?
Me: and English and Science and History. Yeah. But thats not what I meant?
Him: So what? My--
Me: Stop guessing. Let me tell you.
Him: Shoot.
Me: When I hurt your feelings, it hurts my feelings.
Him: Ahhh...Your moment of weakness?
Me: I guess.
Him: (long sigh) I love you. But its hard to deal with you.
Me: Yeah, well your no cake-walk.
Him: Well yeah, I can't eat cake. That's precisely why.
Me: (kissed him *sweat*)
Him: Alright. Don't get me riled up.
(We both giggled a little awkwardly, and got off at Jane station).


((I'm really sorry for the last post. I'm a fucking jackass. I was reading over it and amazed by all the stupid things I did)))
JV
P.S Why do we lie? He's to good for me. What a fucking angel. I'm a total ass and he gives me the cutest pick-up line in history. *Suicide* God.

10 Comments:

Blogger Dreamy said...

That's so sweet! I'm jealous! =)

PS That reminds me of making up with my friend for some reason...

8:51 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

You have a boyfriend/girlfriend??
And I guess. But it was so awkward. MY heart wasn't beating the whole time, I swear.
JV

4:57 p.m.  
Blogger Dawn said...

hey, ok can't say how relieved i am u 2 talked this out. I had a bunch of stuff i wanted to say about your last post, but lance said it all, about the drugs and the self hatred-it was perfect.
please jv, no more drug binges like the last one, that was some scary shit.

9:36 p.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

I know,and I'm sorry for that last post. I was surprised at least that I remembered my blogger password.
Thanks for the concern, but I'll be alright soon.
;)
And yeah, Lance is prettyn perfect.
JV

9:59 p.m.  
Blogger Dreamy said...

Nope. But one of my best friends and me sometimes stop talking to each other... and then we have to make up. I usually give in first. The weaker one. ^^

4:16 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

lol...tell me about it. I kept wanting to, but then again, I have a strong, stubborn heritage and for some reason it seems like my mind would prefer to lose then to give up.
;JV

8:42 a.m.  
Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

yeah, i agree with all of the above, and i wish you would stop beating up on yourself ... all that negative self-talk,!! scheesh, man alive, just stop it already, o.k.? i have not kept up to date with you posts, so i am glad you and Lance have sorted it out. Have a fab time in Montreal,
later,
pj

1:40 p.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

Thanks...I'll detail stuff soon...
JV

8:06 p.m.  
Blogger chase said...

you see...you see....listen to mother....lol I told you let him make his own decisions. Not gonna beat you up, i said pretty much all i could in your comments and emails...try not to scare me like that again if you can help it.

Looking fwd to seeing how your trip goes.

2:47 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

I'll try. And if I ever go on a drug-trip again, I'll stay away from the computer, at least. O_o
JV

3:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home