Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2006

Started off with a bang. Pina Coladas strong enough to punch you in the brain, and enough shrimp to make you think you were drowning at sea. Honestly. We spent it at Alex's (Mr. Vodka, the man who owns the bar Wynter we gig at and my Godfather. Sheesh. The man was in love with my mom, too), the 7+1 of us: Allen, Ellin (who aren't avoiding eachother anymore), Eric and his fiancee Amy, Lance and I and of course, Alex. Plus one being his date, the ever talented Emily somethingrather...The band we replaced after she made it big.
Lance and I spent the first few hours of the New Year upstairs in my (makeshift) room, and the rest of the early morning shouting thing on the streets (don't quite recall what all was said) outside in the pitch-black with the guys (minus El-Muto).
My New Years resolutions:
1. Make Peace with my step-sister Sarah, and her Stepford Wife mom.
2. Will myself to grow another 5 inches at LEAST.
3. Spend more time with my twin half-sisters...
4. Eat 100 peeps.
Lance's birthday, she approaches. But no gift ideas come to mind. (still T minus 30 or so days till lift off) and Valentine's Day. So far, this is the only year I've had a date this particular day.

I wandered over to the graveyard again yesterday, and found myself almost paralyzed with shock: my father was already there, at her grave, with flowers. I watched him for a little while, and he was quiet, then let out a sigh and walked back towards me. When our eyes met, I felt kinda...(no words??)...like he was ACTUALLY my father, for the first time in pretty much forever. He offered to drive me home and while the radio was on low, we discussed my mom, and stuff. It was weird, but I guess a good way to start off the New Years.
Lance got me a Star Wars shirt for no reason. :) It has Darth Vader on it, and its real comfy.

<3 Happy 2006
Johnny V.

17 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

I like your resolutions, especially the peeps one:). I remember seeing an episode of Malcolm In the Middle where one of the brother's was dared to eat Peeps, can't remember how many though. It was funny. Anyway, glad you had a good time on new years eve. Hope everything is going well, take care ok,
Dawn

11:40 p.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

It's not only a resolution, but a life-long dream. :p And I saw that, I think he caved somewhere in the 90s?
Happy New Year, and thanks
JV

1:50 p.m.  
Blogger Dawn said...

when r u gunna do it?

9:43 p.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

When I can afford to pickup some peeps. Most likely, around Easter.
-JV

9:57 p.m.  
Blogger Dawn said...

easter has the coolest looking peeps too. good plan :)

11:26 p.m.  
Blogger Dreamy said...

Ever considered growth-hormones?

Make sure you use plenty of sauce... some people taste really bad.

BTW, when do Canadians finish school?

1:48 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

In the summer...in about 5 months.
Peeps as in marshmellows ;)
And no growth hormone can help me now. I'm just hoping that real food is helping.
-JV

1:30 p.m.  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

They now make Peeps in yellow, blue, purple and pink. You can get 25 of each color!
I better not tell my 15-year-old son about you and your resolution or he will want to copy it. He has a marshmallow addiction. And what kind of mother would I be if I was a codependent enabler for him, supplying him with the evil Peeps of Doom?

3:42 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

It's probably one of the sickest things to eat...Eric ate about 60 and got soo sick.
Protect your son from the horrors of peeps...they also come as Bunnies.
-JV

7:06 p.m.  
Blogger chase said...

"twin half sisters"? wouldn't that be triplets?

peeps.....yum....

peeps....good....

8:40 p.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

Noo....two half-sisters...twins...don't confuse me more than I already am! lol...
-JV

Matching names?! Pascale and Paris. They're cute though...and I kind of love them.

11:25 p.m.  
Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

Easter-time is the only time i've seen Peeps around here. I luv them too, but i could only manage about 10 before feeling crappy.

What about Turkish Delight? - i could eat a ton of that.

i hope you get to spend more time with your dad if that feels right for you. My dad died when i was ten, i still miss him so much. I have his photo above my fireplace and i talk to him all the time. I bet you still miss you mom a lot too. I believe that people who love us who are no longer on this earth, can still be here in spirit if we want them to be...small consolation...but what else is left?

keep the faith,
pj

2:20 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

I've made about all the efforts I can with my father, but I find it difficult because he never knew my mother, or me, or my whole underground sub-culture. He didn't even know what I looked like for 16 years of my life, and he expects us to get along like base-ball throwing father and son.
I do miss my mom, probably everyday. But honestly, at this point in my life, I can't see her being here,even if she wasn't murdered.
Erg
JV

2:29 p.m.  
Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

yeah, uhuh..*thinking, nodding* it must be very difficult [curious to know how old is you dad?] ...i don't really understand men myself quite frankly, older men i mean, my ex is a stubborn old sun of a whatzit, i don't think there's much hope for him, but that's not my problem anymore.

you shouldn't really have to make the effort; i mean, he should be prepared to meet you half way, (at least, or maybe 3/4 way), but parents often have expectations of kids, without really realizing how unrealistic that is...too bad, then one day they wake up and find that they have wasted all that time, and why? just because of some outdated notion of what people should be and do.

oh well, what can i say....

later,
pj

12:17 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

He does make an effort, but I'm still angry at him for walking out on my 15 year old, pregnant mom and never coming back...no money, no letters asking for pictures?
He's 34...he was 17 when I was born.
JV

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

yep, i don't blame you for being angry...

he's a pretty young dad, one would expect him to be a little more open minded about your goth stuff, hmmm?

10:34 p.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

He is, to a point and he is liberal. But its just HIM I can't stand.
JV

3:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home