Monday, December 19, 2005

another time and place

I've been getting more and more worried about Allen, the way he's dropped away from school, his band, society...I haven't seen him at his usual haunts, or online, or in class or at the Wynter and I find it very, very disconcerting.

Allen was born overseas, and his mother died of cancer in a nursing position before his father and him came to Canada. When he was 4, he began to talk...later than most kids, I assume, and oddly, after his mother died, he never spoke again.
His father and him own a convenience store down Lance's street.
Allen has always been loud, never speaking, but smashing, breaking, slamming, stomping and throwing. He's a lover of music, all kinds, from opera to musicals to thrash metal to techno. He goes to raves and dyes his hair, and we're just about the only friends he has.
Recently, he began dating Eric's younger sister, a really talented singer and beautiful girl, and quickly, they split up again. His father was put in the hospital and as the ambulance waited outside of his store, I heard him yell, "This is bullshit" -- the first words I have ever heard him speak, and the last time I saw him.
He's an ecstacy user, has been on suicide watch and has been living alone in his house with the broken window for almost 3 weeks now.
I worry about him, and he won't answer our e-mail messages.

--

Otherwise, I went to see my dedushka and babushka's and got some pretty awful news. My dedushka died last week. I'm so upset.

-JV

6 Comments:

Blogger Dreamy said...

Poor boy. I'm sure this has occured to you, but shouldn't you visit him at his home from time to time? At least, make sure he's alive... I mean... suicide watch...

I'm so sorry about your dedushka.

5:36 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

That was Eric's job, being the oldest and toughest of us. Lance is too afraid, and I'm small and battered anyway.

About dedushka, he lasted 50 years with my baba, and I think that he got what he wanted out of life and was happy. Too bad he didn't make until Christmas, but he finds the holiday as devestating as I do.
Thanks,
JV

2:08 p.m.  
Blogger Dreamy said...

You could all go in a group, you know, to cheer him up. Then, you wouldn't have to be so worried.

Reading about your lost, I'm reminded to cherish my own family members more... thanks.

6:59 p.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

I'm glad I help.
Yeah, we checked on him...I'll write about that soon.
JV

5:02 p.m.  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Sorry about your Dedushka.
It's good that you're watching out for your friend. Of course the first thing he should do is quit using Exstacy, but of course you can't force him to.
My second cousin committed suicide this summer.
I understand where people who are suicidal are coming from. But it makes me sad, because I can see their good qualities where they can't seem to.
Peace.

3:51 a.m.  
Blogger Mr. Death said...

Well...I mentioned that ecstacy isn't fatal unless mixed, and the stuff we share is pure and not dangerous. I'll try anyway, of course, because it can lead to others, but he's a stubborn guy.
Thanks,
JV

7:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home